Jakarta, Java Climate & Temperature
- Jakarta, Java, Indonesia is at 6°10'S, 106°49'E, 8 m (26 ft). See map.
- Jakarta, Java has a tropical monsoonal climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Am) with a dry season and a heavy monsoon the rest of year, no cold season.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Jakarta, Java is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 27.7 degrees Celsius (81.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 1.5 °C (2.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1755 mm (69.1 inches) which is equivalent to 1755 Litres/m² (43.05 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2975 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Jakarta, Java you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Palonegro, Colombia (Tropical moist forest biome).
Jakarta, Java Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Jakarta, Java Climate Graph in Metric Units
Jakarta, Java Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Jakarta, Java, Indonesia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Topic: Climate of Jakarta, Java, Indonesia
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kota Bharu, Malaysia - 1463.2 kms (909.2 miles) NNW
- Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia - 1346.6 kms (836.8 miles) NNW
- Penang/ Bayan Lepas, Malaysia - 1470.3 kms (913.7 miles) NNW
- Kuantan, Malaysia - 1178.7 kms (732.5 miles) NNW
- Medan, Sumatra, Indonesia - 1412.2 kms (877.5 miles) NW
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - 1188.9 kms (738.8 miles) NNW
- Mersing, Malaysia - 1016.1 kms (631.4 miles) NNW
- Malacca, Malaysia - 1068.6 kms (664 miles) NNW
- Singapore, Singapore - 897.2 kms (557.5 miles) NNW
- Padang, Sumatra, Indonesia - 924.9 kms (574.8 miles) NW
- Cocos/ Keeling Islands, Indonesia - 1273.8 kms (791.5 miles) WSW
- Cocos Island A.M.O., Australia - 1284.3 kms (798.1 miles) WSW
- Miri, Malaysia - 1413.4 kms (878.3 miles) NE
- Bintulu, Malaysia - 1250 kms (776.8 miles) NNE
- Sibu, Malaysia - 1097.7 kms (682.1 miles) NNE
- Kuching, Malaysia - 936.9 kms (582.2 miles) NNE
- Pontianak, Borneo, Indonesia - 739.7 kms (459.7 miles) NNE
- Balikpapan, Borneo, Indonesia - 1243.3 kms (772.6 miles) ENE
- Tambora, Sumbawa, Indonesia - 1234 kms (766.8 miles) E
- Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia - 962 kms (597.8 miles) ESE